Trumps of Winter
Lokva is a fantasy Russia/Slavic themed land, set in the same world I use for my D&D campaigns. It has often been united under a single Grand Tsar, but at the time of the Trumps of Winter campaign, the last Grand Tsar is dead, the capital is largely a monster-haunted ruin, and a number of forces vie for the land’s destiny.
The Icons in this 13th Age game are the Trumps — each one a powerful lord or monster of some sort, who possesses one of the cards of the deck of many things. Each Trump fills the role an Icon would: they have their organizations and their goals, and players may be drawn into their intrigues.
Player Information — READ ME FIRST
Conflicts — A page describing the three major conflicts that drive the setting’s intrigues and skirmishes: the three contenders for the throne of the Grand Tsar, the threats that have arisen within the borders, and the threats that come from outside.
The Trumps — The list of the 22 major “factions” in the game, and the powerful figures who lead them. Some are heroic forces seeking to protect the land, some are malicious would-be conquerors or destroyers, and some pursue their own ambiguous goals.
Lokvan History — A primer on what has gone before.
Locations of Note
- Valgrad, the fallen capital
- Baravoi, wealthy port city and heart of trade
- Miska, the recently liberated kingdom
- Vilira, beautiful river city of arts and society
- Tyurin, bejeweled seat of the Golden Tsar
- Zelezka, disreputable river trade city of scoundrels
- Golen Kar, fortress of the dwarven wonder-maker
- Lyodspar, frozen fortress of the Ice Witch
- Medvodd, the many great southwestern wild woods
- Morograv, domain of the undead prince
- Stalvalt, fortress held by the Knight
- Trakengrav, ruined city where its destroyer, the dragon, dwells
- The Battle of Belask, where the Knight card found two owners
- The deck of portals
- Lokvan Fey and Monsters
- Master NPC roster
- The Tyurin Summit